Residential Terms and Conditions
- Tank Rental – Upon request, Silver Valley Propane (the Company) will lease and provide to the Customer: a propane tank, regulator, and/or copper connection tube (Leased Equipment or equipment). Customer agrees to pay the Company annual tank rent during the time leased equipment is in Customer’s possession. No refunds will be issued for tank rental or purchases. The rental for the leased equipment will be $99 plus tax annually. The Leased Equipment is the property of the Company and will not become a fixture or part of Customer’s real property. The Customer agrees that adjustments, connections, or disconnections to the Leased Equipment will only be performed by the Company, unless in the case of an emergency. The Customer agrees to immediately notify the Company if Leased Equipment is damaged or malfunctions, or if the Customer experiences any problems related to the Leased Equipment.
- Payment Terms and Fees – Customer agrees to pay all fees, rates, and charges within 30 days after delivery of propane or services rendered to Customer. All payments made with a credit or debit card will incur a 3% processing fee. For e-checks, a $0.55 flat processing fee is imposed. Where law permits, Customer agrees a delivery ticket may be left on site or in another designated place as specified by the customer on completion of propane delivery. If Customer fails to pay any fees, rates, or charges within 30 days, the Company may lock Leased Equipment and/or remove Leased Equipment from Customer’s property until balance is paid in full. A $10.00 finance charge will apply to all balances not paid in full within 30-days from the date of service. The Company reserves the right to require the Customer to pay for propane deliveries or services in advance. The Company may, at its discretion, change the Customer’s billing status to cash on delivery (COD) if payment terms are violated and no other arrangements have been made. There will be no refunds issued for propane fuel purchased and delivered. For a complete listing of all fees, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Release of Liability – Customer agrees that under no circumstances will the Company be held liable for incidental, consequential or special damages, including without limitation damage to Customer’s plumbing (and water damage from frozen pipes), septic system, driveway and/or landscaping. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER TO ADVISE THE COMPANY OF AREAS THAT COULD EXPOSE THE COMPANY TO DANGER, SUCH AS SEPTIC TANKS, WATER LINES, ELECTRICAL OVERHANGS, ETC. IF CUSTOMER DOES NOT ADVISE THE COMPANY’S FRONT OFFICE OF SUCH DANGERS, THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE.
- Propane Supply – Customer agrees to purchase from the Company and the Company agrees to sell to Customer all of Customer’s propane requirements at Customer’s location(s) or other specified property(ies). Customer also agrees that only propane sold by the Company will be used with the Leased Equipment. The Customer may not have any entity fill or service the Company’s leased/rented equipment. Violation of this section will result in immediate removal of the Company’s equipment and all propane in our leased/rented tank without refund.
- Access to Leased Equipment – The Customer agrees that the Company has, without prior notice, an irrevocable right of entry and exit to Customer’s property(s) to deliver propane or to install, repair, service, or remove the Leased Equipment, or to perform any other services it deems necessary under these Terms and Conditions. Customer agrees to provide Company with safe, free, and unimpeded access to Leased Equipment, including, but not limited to, access free of water, ice, snow, mud and other hazards, as well as to provide a driveway that is sufficiently sturdy to withhold the weight of a filled propane delivery truck or an alternate point of entry that allows a propane truck to be within 120 feet of Leased Equipment. The Customer should identify locations of septic systems, water lines, leach pits, and similar underground hazards that may not be able to withstand the weight of a filled propane delivery truck (33,000#). The Customer agrees that the Company has no obligation to contact the Customer to request access to the Equipment. The Customer agrees to promptly surrender to the Company the Leased Equipment when Customer terminates Customer’s relationship with the Company for any reason.
- Propane System Maintenance and Repair – Except for the Leased Equipment, Customer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Customer’s entire propane system and appliances. All requested work on Customer’s propane system will incur an hourly labor charge at our current rate, plus any parts or components. There will be no refunds issued for any completed service work.
- Termination – Unless a specific term was agreed upon in writing between customer and Company, either party may terminate this agreement at any time without prior notice. Customer agrees to immediately inform the Company of intent to terminate this agreement and allow for prompt removal of Company leased or loaned equipment detailed below.