Residential Terms and Conditions
1. EQUIPMENT RENTAL. Upon request, Silver Valley Propane (Company) will lease and provide to Customer various equipment and appurtenances (leased equipment). Customer agrees to pay the Company annual rent during the time leased equipment is used. No refunds will be issued for tank rental or purchases. The rental for the leased equipment will be $70.00 plus tax annually unless specified otherwise.
2. PROPANE SUPPLY. Customer agrees to purchase from the Company and the Company agrees to sell to Customer all of Customer’s propane requirements at Customer’s location or other specified property. Customer also agrees that only propane sold by the Company will be used with the Leased Equipment.
3. RATES AND CHARGES. Customer agrees to pay the Company’s fees, rates, and charges in effect on the date propane is delivered or services rendered.
4. PAYMENT TERMS AND LATE FEES. Customer agrees to pay all fees, rates, and charges within 20 days after delivery of propane or services rendered to Customer. Where law permits, Customer agrees a delivery ticket will be left on site or in other designated place as specified by customer on completion of propane delivery. If Customer fails to pay any fees, rates, or charges within 20 days the Company may lock Customer’s Leased Equipment and/or remove Leased Equipment from Customer’s property until balance is paid in full. The Company reserves the right to require Customer to pay for propane deliveries or services in advance. The Company may, at its discretion, change the Customer’s billing status to cash on delivery (COD) if payment terms are violated and no other arrangements have been made. There will be no refunds issued for propane fuel purchased.
5. LICENSES, PERMITS, AND TAXES. Customer agrees to pay for all licenses, permits, and taxes associated with the sale or use of propane and Leased Equipment or service covered by these Terms and Conditions.
6. TITLE TO EQUIPMENT. The Leased Equipment is the property of the Company and will not become a fixture or part of Customer’s real property. The Customer agrees that adjustments, connections or disconnections to the Leased Equipment will only be performed by the Company, unless in the case of an emergency. The Customer agrees to immediately notify the Company if Leased Equipment is damaged or malfunctions, or if the Customer experiences any problems related to the Leased Equipment.
7. PROPANE SYSTEM MAINTENANCE & REPAIR. Except for the Leased Equipment, Customer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Customer’s entire propane system. There will be no refunds issued for any completed maintenance work.
8. ACCESS TO EQUIPMENT. The Customer agrees that the Company has, without prior notice, an irrevocable right of entry and exit to Customer’s property to deliver propane or to install, repair, service, or remove the Leased Equipment, or to perform any other services it deems necessary under these Terms and Conditions. Customer agrees to provide Company with safe, free and unimpeded access to Leased Equipment, including, but not limited to, access free of water, ice, snow, mud and other hazards, as well as to provide a driveway that is sufficiently sturdy to withhold the weight of a filled propane delivery truck or an alternate point of entry that allows a propane truck to be within 120 feet of Leased Equipment. Customer will identify locations of septic systems, water lines, leach pits, and similar underground hazards that may not be able to withstand the weight of a filled propane delivery truck. The Customer agrees that the Company has no obligation to contact Customer to request access to the Equipment. The Customer agrees to promptly surrender to the Company the Leased Equipment when Customer terminates Customer’s relationship with the Company for any reason.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages, including without limitation damage to Customer’s plumbing (and water damage from frozen pipes), septic system, driveway and/or landscaping.
10. TERMINATION. Unless a specific term was agreed upon in writing between customer and Company, either party may terminate this agreement at any time without prior notice. Customer agrees to immediately inform Company of intent to terminate this agreement.
11. EXCUSED PERFORMANCE. The Company will not be responsible for any delay or damages caused by events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, fire, storms, floods, labor disputes, wars, hostilities, compliance with laws or regulations, the Company’s inability to obtain propane or equipment from its usual suppliers, or terrorism.